- A suspicious four-alarm fire at Best Choice Auto Sales (2377 Danforth Ave at Westlake) that forced the evacuation of about 100 residents in a nearby apartment building.
- Police officers evacuated the residents due to concerns the shop had hazardous chemicals and rubber tires on the site. They were allowed to return to their homes around 7 a.m. No injuries were reported.
- Most of the fire had been extinguished just before 8 a.m., but firefighters remained on site, battling hot spots inside the building. About 40 fire vehicles were called to the scene, accompanied by about 80 firefighters.
We have three cats at our house:
- A fat orange bastard named Chester who hates everyone and would sooner smack you in the face with his claws than say good morning. Fortunately, Chester is old and won't be around much longer. I know it sounds bad, but I mean that in the nicest way. Mostly.
- A lazy calico female named Cleo. Cleo sleeps all day. She's kind of cute-- when she's not dropping 2 tonnes of white, brown and black fur all over the freakin' house.
- A beautiful but skittish seal point tipped Siamese named Simon. Simon was rescued from our parking lot while we were living in a small apartment at Danforth and Pape. He's my favourite, but he's got some habits that we're not too happy about... that's why Simon takes anti-depressants every day. Sigh.
So when I saw the Simon's Cat "Fly Guy" video on YouTube, a lot of the video hit really close to home. So much so that I had to share it with you here. If you're a cat owner, you'll understand. If you're not... well... I get that too. I'm a dog person inside, but I tolerate the cats because of the women in my life. Enjoy!